Differences between marketing and branding:
While marketing is used to promote your product or service, branding is used to actively shape your brand and who you are. You need strategies for both and they have different goals and different results.
- Marketing gets a customer’s attention, branding is a way to keep their attention.
- Marketing drives sales, branding drives recognition and loyalty.
- Branding comes first, marketing comes second.
- Marketing strategies come and go—but branding is forever.
- Branding has just as much of an impact on your team as it does on your customer.
So, in a nutshell, you need the right marketing strategies to set your brand apart from the competition and say to your customers “Hey! I’m here!”—but you need branding to foster a relationship, creating a long-term connection, and keep them coming back after that initial “hello.”
Here are the tasks to delegate to a Marketing & Branding Virtual Team.
Research and Brand Strategy
- Develop marketing efforts, brand image and positioning
- Increase the value and performance of the company’s brand, service or product.
- Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities to identify opportunities and key issues.
- Propose new and innovative growth strategies
- Monitor and record brand or service testimonials
- Conduct a needs analysis to determine and pinpoint who would want the product or services.
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions.
- Align the company around the brand’s direction, choices and tactics
- Monitor brand’s profit and loss performance
- Analyze and develop target market or target audience profile
- Boost business’ online presence to all social media platforms and relevant online communities
- Enhance real-time engagement with followers across all your social media platforms
- Recommend marketing strategies to increase traffic to website and online community
- Find quick, affordable and effective videos for social media postings
- Create online catalog development, online banners and signage
- Create blog designs
- Provide web strategy, design, promotion and direction
- Email market services including template creation and monitoring, and content management
- Monitor traffic through social media analytics, website/Google Analytics
- Manage content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver sales and customer retention.
- Integrate content programs to your brand campaigns
- Create brand literature/collaterals, promotions or campaigns
- Provide copywriting services for blogs, catalogs, press releases, articles, newsletters and websites