Real Estate Seller Leads Guide Part 3: The Formula for Successful Real Estate Buyer Lead Scripts
You’ve found your motivated sellers, and you know how to organize your seller leads. Now it’s time to write the best real estate buyer lead scripts to maximize the efficiency of your calls.
Customer relationships are the lifeblood of any sellers’ career. The ability to attract clients, build rapport, and start sales conversations ultimately determines the level of success.
- Get their Name first. Start the call by asking for their name and using their name throughout the conversation.
- Say “Thank You”. Giving a “thank you” goes a really long way. It’s important to always thank the homeowner for taking the time to call you.
- Set Expectations. Allow them to feel comfortable by letting them know that it’s a very simple process, and all you need to do is gather some basic information and assure them that you won’t take up too much of their time.
- Introduce Yourself. You want to let them know who you are and give them a description of your company and the benefits of working with you.
- You’re a real estate investment company and purchase many types of properties in many different situations
- You’ll purchase the property as-is and can close whenever is best for seller
- You can make an offer within 48 hours and pay all cash (so there’s no financing issues)
- No real estate agent commissions or closing costs
Download the seller leads rapport building handout – We’ve compiled additional ways that you can frame your questions and the different types of verbiage you can use during your conversation with a potential seller.
DELIVER YOUR PITCH
Sales Pitch 1:
- “I appreciate you calling in [Seller First Name].
- We are a real estate solutions company here in [Your Market].
- We are currently looking to purchase one more property this month.
- We pay all cash, can close in a matter of days, and the best part is there aren’t any additional fees or cost on your end. The price we agree on is the money you get!
- I’d like to get a little bit additional information about your property and can usually make you an offer within 24 hours.”
Sales Pitch 2:
- Thanks so much for calling, as I mentioned my name is [your name].
- Who do I have the pleasure of speaking with today? Okay, thank you [seller name].
- In case we get disconnected, is this number [state phone number] the best number to use to reach you?
Then, once they give their number to you, you say:
- “Okay great! Let me tell you a little bit more about our company and how we operate. Basically, we’re a local real estate solutions company here in [your market], and we are currently looking to purchase one more property this month.
- We pay all cash, can close in a matter of days, and the best part is there aren’t any additional fees or cost on your end. The price we agree on is the money you get!”
Make the seller feel significant. Make the seller feel important. “Mom and Pops” are way more appealing to work with than a big company trying to buy your house. Telling them that you’re looking for one more property will make them feel better than you saying you want to buy the whole town.
Next, you want to set the agenda:
- “So on this call, I’d like to just get some general information from you about your house.
- Most importantly, we want to talk about your situation and your goals. I have several questions to ask you to determine if this is a right fit for both of us, so the call will take about 10–15 minutes, ok?
- I’m going to take a few notes as well to ensure I accurately gather the information so if you hear a bit of a pause, I’m just writing. Sound good?”
OVERCOME YOUR OBJECTIONS
Even if you do everything PERFECTLY when running through your real estate buyer lead scripts, you will still get push back from time to time. So what do you do when a seller comes back at you with an objection? Answer them concisely and with confidence and authority.
HOW DID YOU GET MY INFORMATION?
- I’m an investor, [SELLER NAME], so I’m constantly looking for additional properties that fit my needs.
- There is also a lot of information available via public record.
- We are simply looking for individuals who have properties they would like to sell.
YOU HAVEN’T SEEN MY HOME YET?
- No, [SELLER NAME], I haven’t been inside your home yet.
- I do know the area well as we work right here in [MARKET].
- If I can spend five to 10 minutes with you I can probably get enough information to make you an offer in 24-48 hours.
I’M JUST LOOKING FOR YOU TO MAKE AN OFFER AND I’LL DECIDE IF I’M INTERESTED
- I would love to make you an offer.
- Before I can give you any range of numbers, I need to spend a couple minutes with you to get some additional information. Once I have some basic information, I can perform my due diligence and have an offer within 24-48 hours.
I’M NOT GIVING YOU A PRICE, MAKE ME AN OFFER
- I understand you are interested in what we can offer for your property.
- Please know we are professionals and will be evaluating a large number of properties every day.
- We need to have an idea if we are in the same ballpark or not so that we don’t waste any of your or our time.
A REAL ESTATE AGENT TOLD ME THAT I COULD GET A LOT MORE THAN WHAT YOU OFFERED
- I’m not surprised you were told that and I understand your concern.
- I know a lot of sellers meet with realtors who come in and make really big promises.
- Remember, realtors will often tell you what you’re looking to hear to simply secure a listing. If you look closely at our offer as compared to holding onto your property, we aren’t that far off. When you factor in mortgage payments, taxes, hefty commissions and time, we are much stronger, don’t you agree?
HOW CAN YOU CLOSE QUICKLY?
- As cash buyers, we can perform our due diligence and close as quickly as title will allow. We move very quickly if that’s what you prefer, but definitely understand if you need additional time to move out.
CLOSE THE CALL
Now that you’ve filled out your seller lead sheet, you should have a good sense what this person’s motivation is and if they are or aren’t a motivated seller. If they’re motivated, the next step is to close the call by talking dollars and cents.
FEEL OUT THE SELLER’S PRICE POINT
Remember, your goal is to make the seller feel comfortable and have a normal, natural, flowing conversation.
- “While I can’t guarantee a price and am not making a formal offer, would you be willing to accept an offer between [DOLLAR AMOUNT RANGE]?”
- OR “I still need to see the property and do a full evaluation so you can’t hold me to this, but if I could make an offer between [DOLLAR AMOUNT RANGE], is that something you’d be willing to consider?”
CLOSE A CALL WITHOUT AN OFFER
- “If we could come to terms on a price to sell your property, are you in a position to make a decision when we meet?”
- OR: “I think I have the proper information at this point and it sounds like we’re in the right range to set up an appointment and take a closer look. Let’s set a time to meet and come up with something that works for both of us.”
If you have to make calls as part of your sales process either to set appointments or to find potential clients, this formula for successful real estate buyer lead scripts can help you establish immediate rapport.
SELLER WANTS TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THE APPOINTMENT
If the client DOES want to move ahead and is eager to confirm the appointment:
- “I think I have the proper information at this point and it sounds like we’re in the right range to set up an appointment and take a closer look.
- Let’s set a time to meet and come up with something that works for both of us.”
Then before you hang up, lock down the time:
- It sounds like I have enough information to schedule a time to look at the property. Does [TIME A]or [TIME B] work for you?”
- OR: “What’s your schedule like [TODAY, TOMORROW, ETC]?
- OR: “I’ll be in the area [TODAY, TOMORROW, ETC]. Would you be able to meet then?”